Employment & Transitional ServicesProudly providing persons we support with the skills and training to earn competitive community employment. These services are offered to individuals who are school-graduate age or older.
Small Group EmploymentOne staff for two or three persons supported. This is the next training and development step after Citizen Care’s Training and Outsourcing Center. Small Group Employment jobs include:
- Cleaning & laundry crews at several local hotels
- Grandpa Joe’s Candy Warehouse
- ASA Gymnastics
- Office cleaning at Allegheny Children’s Initiative
Supported EmploymentOne-on-one staff support Career assessment, including vocational learning, discovering new, appropriate job opportunities and job development.
Supported EmploymentOne staff for every one or two persons supported. Job Supports at local businesses such as: GetGo, Giant Eagle, Victory Packaging, Nothing Bundt Cakes and Moon High School cafeteria. Citizen Care is also contracted with the Pennsylvania Office of Vocational Rehabilitation for:
- Development of Supported Employment Support Plan
- Community-based Work Assessments (is the individual ready for competitive employment?)
- Job development & placement
- Eight week job maintenance
- Job stabilization
- Working with school aged graduates by developing skills to expand into small group or competitive jobs
Paid Community Participation SupportsJob coaches supervise crews of three persons in local businesses, doing contract work alongside other employees. Community Participation is an important component of support to persons with disabilities, as it gives them the opportunity to integrate with other community members while utilizing their skills and talents. Individuals are paid minimum wage or higher.
Partner With Us
If your business is interested in offering employment opportunities to persons supported by Citizen Care, please contact:
Stephanie DiBiagio, Employment Services Manager, 412-446-0781
Jeff Truxell, Assistant Executive Director, 412-446-0765